READ: Power Rankings Week 18 READ: Driver Reports at the halfway point READ MORE: Click here to enter your Quaker State Streak to the Finish picks for this weekend READ: Paint Scheme Preview: New Hampshire READ: Complete coverage from New Hampshire, Iowa
Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) MGN ImageOLEAN – The Cattaraugus County Health Department says a 44-year-old man has died as a result of COVID-19 complications.Officials reported Friday the man had extensive underlying health conditions prior to his infection.“(He) developed sudden respiratory failure and was unable to overcome his illness despite aggressive medical treatment,” said health officials. “We extend our deepest condolences to his family and the entire Cattaraugus County community.”This is the second death related to the Coronavirus outbreak in Cattaraugus County. Two new confirmed cases of the virus were confirmed on Friday, bringing the countywide total to 35 cases with 10 active and 23 recoveries.
Advertisement Rakitic could soon leave Barcelona (Picture: Getty)Mikel Arteta has personally contacted Ivan Rakitic to try and convince him to join Arsenal, reports say.Rakitic has been tipped to leave Barcelona this summer after falling down the pecking order at the Camp Nou and has been linked with a transfer to Manchester United.Le 10 Sport claim Rakitic is preparing for an exit from Barcelona and Arteta is desperate to recruit him for Arsenal.In the conversation Arteta told the Croatian he wanted him to be the boss of his Arsenal midfield as he aims to revamp his squad despite limited transfer funds.ADVERTISEMENTRakitic’s deal at Barcelona expires next year and the 32-year-old is expected to be available at a knockdown price this summer.AdvertisementAdvertisementArteta may be keen, but Rakitic told the Arsenal head coach moving to the Premier League was not his preference.Rakitic wants to stay in Spain or join an Italian side and has interest from several clubs in both countries. Comment Rakitic could be available for a knockdown fee (Picture: Getty)Barcelona too are facing financial difficulties will are expected to offload several of their playing staff to raise transfer funds.The Catalan giants want to sign Inter striker Lautaro Martinez, but have been so far unable to trigger his £98.8million release clause.Arteta has drawn up a long list of targets and has been told by Arsenal to focus on swap deals and free transfers where possible.Arsenal are set to lose Dani Ceballos in midfield as he returns to Real Madrid, while Arteta is keen to sell Mesut Ozil and Matteo Guendouzi.MORE: Dani Ceballos issues ultimatum to Real Madrid after Arsenal’s FA Cup final winMORE: Matteo Guendouzi snubs Arsenal celebrations after FA Cup win vs ChelseaFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Coral BarrySunday 2 Aug 2020 6:58 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link2.9kShares Advertisement Mikel Arteta contacts Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic over Arsenal transfer
The accused appeared before Limuru Senior Resident Magistrate Timothy ole Tanchu. The preacher, however, denied the charge of causing the death of Ms Mercy Njeri on July 26 in Manguo in Limuru, Kiambu County. He also denied charges of attempting to defeat justice and giving false information to government officers.Ng’ang’a was arrested outside Serena Hotel as he tried to ‘evade’ police dragnet and held at Traffic headquarters briefly before being moved to Gigiri police cells where he spent. Police refused to give him bail despite pleas from his lawyers Assa Nyakundi, Cliff Ombeta and his family. Kenyan Televangelist James Ng’ang’a has been arrested after he was accused of causing death by reckless driving. He is remanded at Nairobi’s Gigiri Police Station until Friday, when his application to be released on bond will be heard.
Football practice on Tuesday continued the trend of physical and full-contact intensity, and it concluded with a serious injury. According to Scott Wolf at Inside USC, the Trojans will be without junior wide receiver George Farmer for the foreseeable future, as he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a non-contact drill.Major blow · Junior wide receiver George Farmer is tended to at practice after suffering a left knee injury. According to Inside USC, Farmer has a torn ACL and will be out of action for at least nine months. – Joseph Chen | Daily TrojanWith 19 players already out for Tuesday’s practice, Farmer and senior safety Demetrius Wright both left practice early because of injury. Farmer is expected to miss nine months with the tear.The coaches have placed a heavy emphasis on physicality in recent practices and the risk of injuries has mounted accordingly, but the defense has been responding well.“We love it. Coach [Lane Kiffin] is holding everybody accountable,” redshirt junior defensive tackle George Uko said. “We have great coaching and great energy.”During a goal-line drill at the end of practice, a pushing match broke out between redshirt sophomore running back Javorious “Buck” Allen, senior defensive end Morgan Breslin and Uko.“It was nothing at all,” Uko said. “It’s just what happens on the field. Buck pushed Morgan, and as a defensive linemen your natural reaction is to push back.”After tensions cooled, the linemen forced a fumble, sparking a raucous celebration by the defense. By the time practice was over, both assistant coach Ed Orgeron and Uko had bloody noses after getting accidentally clocked during the drill.“Practice was very physical,” Kiffin said. “I’m really excited about the goal-line mentality that the defense had. They really changed the line of scrimmage by how they got after the offense.”The defensive line has been solid behind the likes of Breslin, Uko and sophomore defensive end Leonard Williams, but concerns of an inexperienced secondary remain.But though the cornerback position is thin after the departure of veteran Nickell Robey to the NFL draft, USC’s new defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast believes the Trojans have enough bodies to contend.“I like the flexibility with the guys that we have,” Pendergast said. “We’re still working to get the technique there.”Pendergast is also pleased to have early enrollees in freshmen defensive backs Su’a Cravens and Leon McQuay III practicing with the team.“The good thing is that they’re here,” Pendergast said. “They have the benefit to be here and learn the system and learn the different techniques. I’m just glad they’re on campus so they can move more quickly when fall comes.”On the offensive side of the field, freshman quarterback Max Browne has also been settling in and continues to take reps with redshirt sophomore quarterbacks Cody Kessler and Max Wittek in contact drills.“At this point, I’m just taking whatever I can get and making the most of it,” Browne said. “The biggest thing is that I’m running out there with Cody and Max and that’s all I could ask for.”Wittek missed several spring practices with a knee injury but returned last week.With the injuries piling up, the Trojans may have to dial back on the intensity for the rest of spring, but they certainly aspire to bring this fire when the beginning of the season comes around.
0Shares0000Kylian Mbappe celebrates after putting PSG ahead against Guingamp© AFP FRED TANNEAUPARIS, France, Aug 18 – Kylian Mbappe marked his first appearance for Paris Saint-Germain since winning the World Cup by coming off the bench to score a late brace that gave the French champions a 3-1 victory at Guingamp on Saturday.Nolan Roux had given the home side the lead in the Brittany sunshine, and only a combination of Gianluigi Buffon and VAR prevented Thomas Tuchel’s side from being further behind at half-time. But Mbappe came on for the second half and Neymar equalised from the penalty spot soon after, before the 19-year-old France starlet added two goals in the closing 10 minutes to secure the points.“I have very big objectives, so there is no time to loaf around,” Mbappe told Canal Plus at the end of the game.“I brought something to the team but the whole side wanted to do better after a timid start to the match.”It is now two wins from two in Ligue 1 this season for PSG under new coach Tuchel, after they swept aside Monaco 4-0 to win the campaign-opening Champions Trophy in China.“The situation is still difficult for us because the players are not on top form having arrived late after the World Cup,” said Tuchel, who admitted his team had been fortunate not to be 3-0 down at half-time.The capital side were again without a host of big names, including Edinson Cavani, the Uruguayan still not deemed fit to return after a calf injury suffered at the World Cup.Mbappe started on the bench at the Stade du Roudourou along with two fellow French World Cup winners, goalkeeper Alphonse Areola and centre-back Presnel Kimpembe.Instead, Tuchel again put faith in youth, just as he had done in last week’s 3-0 win over Caen. Timothy Weah, the 18-year-old son of the great George Weah, was rewarded for his goal-scoring exploits off the bench in that game with a start here.However, he was hauled off at the interval after a dreadful first-half performance from his side.Buffon kept his team on level terms when he tipped a Roux effort onto the bar early on, but the veteran Italian goalkeeper could not prevent his team from falling behind 20 minutes in.The goal came when Antoine Bernede’s pass put his fellow teenager Colin Dagba in trouble — the full-back got caught in two minds and Marcus Coco intervened to play in Roux for his first goal for the club.– Neymar penalty –Neymar in actionParis were then grateful to the Video Assistant Referee for confirming on-field official Clement Turpin’s decision to disallow a second Guingamp goal in the 25th minute.Coco went round Buffon to set up Nicolas Benezet, but he was adjudged to have fouled Dagba just before heading in.With Mbappe on the field, it was Neymar who levelled the scores with a 53rd-minute penalty he himself had won.That was the Brazilian’s second goal in as many games, but Mbappe’s performances at the World Cup hinted that he could steal more of the limelight from the world’s most expensive player this season.In his first game since scoring in France’s 4-2 final win over Croatia last month, Mbappe put PSG in front with eight minutes left after being set up by Angel Di Maria.And he made sure of the points at the death with a delightful dink over Guingamp’s Swedish goalkeeper Karl-Johan Johnsson, with Neymar this time providing the assist.That goal even drew applause from the Guingamp fans, mindful of the youngster’s role in France’s glorious campaign in Russia.Monaco are at home to Lille in the pick of Saturday’s late games, while Lyon suffered a 1-0 defeat at newly-promoted Reims on Friday.0Shares0000(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)
Allan Katerega(left) and Muhammed Shaban(right) with KCCA FC coach Mike Mutebi at their unveiling today. Photo by Shaban Lubega.FOOTBALL–After weeks of endless speculation, KCCA FC have finally signed Muhammed Shaban on a three-year deal from Onduparaka.Shaban came out officially on September 9 and assured the football fraternity of his unconditional love for the Kasasiro boys through a face book post.He becomes KCCA’s 13th signing of the off season with them trying to win the league for the third successive season.“We are happy that Shaban is finally joining us,” said KCCA FC head coach Mike Mutebi.“He personally asked me last year to let him join us but I declined because I thought he was still a season away from being our player,” Mutebi added.“He comes with a not so good disciplinary record but you can trust that i will tame him in all aspects,” he said.Shaban had absconded from training with former side Onduparaka since they resumed training for the new season and their Technical director Leo Adra came out and confirmed that they were not letting him go on Tuesday.He scored 13 league goals last season for the Caterpillars and he was their best player in the 2015/16 big league triumph.On the same day Shaban was unveiled, another player Allan Katerega was also shown off to the media.Katerega was signed on a six months loan deal from Kenyan gaints AFC Leaopards early this week.Comments
4 February 2015The Proteas got a full South African send off at Melrose Arch in Johannesburg before making their way to Christchurch, New Zealand, on Wednesday for the 2015 Cricket World Cup.Hundreds of passionate fans turned up at Melrose Arch to wish the team luck as part of Cricket South Africa’s #ProteaFire supporters campaign.“In you flows the blood of African warriors,” Sports Minister Mbalula Fikile told the team at a media briefing on Wednesday morning. “It’s now or never. South Africa, your time has arrived to conquer.”Australia enters the Cup at the top of the latest ICC ODI Team Rankings, which were released on Monday after their 112-run tri-series final victory over England in Perth on Sunday. South Africa is ranked third – but the Proteas go into the tournament as one of the favourites.Click here to see the full ICC rankings“There’s no hiding from the fact that we haven’t won a World Cup,” captain AB de Villiers said. “There’s a lot of pressure but we’re gonna stick together.”South Africa will play Sri Lanka in their first warm-up match on Monday. On Wednesday, they will play New Zealand in a warm-up match.Their first World Cup match will be played in Hamilton on 13 February, where the South African side will face Zimbabwe in the first of six group games.“There is no complacency when facing a side in a World Cup. You have to respect all of them,” Protea coach Russell Domingo said.The selection committee announced the World Cup squad in January. It includes includes eight players with previous World Cup experience: De Villiers, Hashim Amla, Faf du Plessis, JP Duminy, Wayne Parnell, Morne Morkel, Dale Steyn and Imran Tahir.“We feel we have a nice blend of experience of major knock-out tournaments plus the freshness that will come from the relative newcomers,” Andrew Hudson, the convenor of the selection committee, said at the announcement.“We have also stayed true to our policy of consistency and reward for good performances that has enabled us to build a good record over the past 12 months. The fact that most of these series have been played away from home has provided excellent preparation as well,” Hudson said.#ProteaFireCricket South Africa has been running a supporters’ campaign, which they have tagged #ProteaFire.As part of the campaign, Protea players were asked what it meant to them to represent South Africa. Captain AB de Villiers said: ‘Representing your country at a World Cup is the highest honour that any player can achieve, it is what we all aspire for a young cricketers.“When we step on to the field, we want nothing more than to make our country proud. We know that we will be representing 60-million passionate South Africans when we head to New Zealand and Australia and having that support means the world to us.”SQUADCastle Lager Proteas World Cup squad: AB de Villiers (The Unlimited Titans, capt), Hashim Amla (Nashua Cape Cobras, vice capt), Kyle Abbott (Sunfoil Dolphins), Farhaan Behardien (The Unlimited Titans), Quinton de Kock (bizhub Highveld Lions), JP Duminy (Nashua Cape Cobras), Faf du Plessis (The Unlimited Titans), Imran Tahir (Sunfoil Dolphins), David Miller (Sunfoil Dolphins), Morne Morkel (The Unlimited Titans),Wayne Parnell (Chevrolet Warriors), Aaron Phangiso (bizhub Highveld Lions), Vernon Philander (Nashua Cape Cobras), Rilee Rossouw (Chevrolet Knights), Dale Steyn (Nashua Cape Cobras).All the player profiles, stats: Cricket SA’s Player ProfilesFIXTURESGroup matches15 February, 3am: South Africa v Zimbabwe. Seddon Park, Hamilton22 February, 5.30am: South Africa v India. Melbourne Cricket Ground27 February, 5.30am: South Africa v West Indies. Sydney Cricket Ground3 March, 5.30am: South Africa v Ireland. Manuka Oval, Canberra7 March, 3am: South Africa v Pakistand. Eden Park, Auckland12 March, 3am: South Africa v United Arab Emirates. Westpac Stadium, WellingtonQuaterfinals18 March, 5.30am: Sydney Cricket Ground19 March, 5.30am: Melbourne Cricket Ground20 March, 5.30am: Adelaide Oval21 March, 3am: Westpac Stadium, WellingtonSemifinals24 March, 3am: Eden Park, Auckland26 March, 5.30am: Sydney Cricket GroundFinal29 March, 5.30am: Melbourne Cricket GroundSAinfo reporter
It seems South Korean auto major Hyundai is leaving no stone unturned in their attempts to expand the company’s business in India. The company’s upcoming mini SUV Hyundai ix25, a strong rival of Ford’s fortune changer EcoSport, has been caught again, during its winter test in China.Chinese auto portal Auto.Sohu has released a new set of spy shots of Hyundai’s compact SUV ix25. Although the new images show the test mule of the ix25 fully camouflaged in a black swathe, it gives a sneak peak into the interiors of the vehicle.Based on Hyundai’s next-generation i20, the new SUV ix25 is likely to be positioned under the ix35 and is expected to make its global debut at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show which is scheduled to be held in April. Chinese media reports that the vehicle will make its Chinese entry by the end of this year. India debut of the vehicle is also likely to be around the same time. The car flaunts Hyundai Curb Concept and is reported to have a wheelbase of 2,570 mm.Talking of its engine specifications, rumours are rife that the new SUV of Hyundai would draw its power from 1.0 litre, direct injection, turbocharged petrol engine. The previous images of the SUV ix25 revealed that the car is likely to accommodate decent legroom at the rear, adjustable headrests and rear air con vents.Earlier last week, Hyundai’s new gen 2015 i20 spied testing in India. The car which is expected to hit the market in this year is one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the ‘Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years. The India specific version of new i20 is expected to pack 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmission.