Report Liverpool to reveal new plans to expand Anfield

first_imgLiverpool is making new plans to turn Anfield into a 60,000 seater stadium.In a statement reported by The Liverpool Echo, the club has voided previous plans and will now submit new plans.They feel these new plans will benefit the club and of course, it fans more than the original ones.And Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group spent 110 million pounds on a ground expansion, that opened back in 2016. This saw a further 9,000 seats added to the Anfield capacity.The current capacity of the Liverpool ground is a little over 54 thousand seats.This new plan which the owners described as ambitious will push that total closer to 60,000.The next step for the club is to mediate their new idea, with the local community and other stakeholders and progress with applications based on these discussions.m.Liverpool FC Chief Operating Officer Andy Hughes said:“The progress that has been made during ongoing feasibility studies has resulted in us being in a position to allow the outline planning permission to lapse.”“We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road.”Jadon Sancho, Borussia DortmundCrouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.“Throughout this process we have been clear that our objective is to find the best possible solution for Anfield Road and that remains the case.”Prior to this new development club chairman Tom Werner said:“We are still analysing the opportunity to build on Anfield Road. We are trying to figure it out.”“When we went forward with the Main Stand expansion, which I’m very proud about, we obviously wanted to do it right so we were quiet about it.”“In a perfect world we will be able to figure this out.”While this would still leave trailing Old Trafford by approximately 14, 000 seats, it would put them on a par with Tottenham and Arsenal, and ahead of Manchester City. In terms of seating capacity.#LFC today reaffirms its intention to redevelop the Anfield Road Stand with ambitious new plans now under active consideration. https://t.co/ELfY6PQqRX— Liverpool FC (@LFC) August 22, 2019last_img read more

Prosecutors to appeal decision to release Quarles to conditional program

first_img KUSI Newsroom, August 30, 2019 KUSI Newsroom Posted: August 30, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Prosecutors Friday said they will appeal a San Diego judge’s decision to release a sexually violent predator known as the “Bolder- Than-Most” rapist from a state hospital and into the community, while the search for a viable housing option for him remains ongoing.Last month, San Diego County Superior Court Judge David M. Gill ruled that Alvin Ray Quarles, 57, will be released to a home somewhere in San Diego County, where he would undergo treatment through a conditional release program.Quarles was dubbed the “Bolder-Than-Most” rapist because of the way he attacked his victims, at knifepoint, sometimes forcing the women’s husbands or boyfriends to watch.He pleaded guilty in 1989 to committing more than a dozen sexual assaults in the mid-to-late 1980s and was sentenced to 50 years in prison.In September 2016, Quarles petitioned the court to be granted release through the Conditional Release Program for sex offenders. Gill ordered last fall that Quarles could be released to a home in Jacumba Hot Springs, a decision that prosecutors, along with county Supervisor Dianne Jacob, requested that Gill reconsider.Since that time, the agreement to rent the residence has fallen through, and Gill allowed for further argument toward a possible reconsideration of his decision to release Quarles.Following a closed-door evidentiary hearing regarding Quarles’ case earlier this summer, Gill ruled that Quarles be released.Deputy District Attorney Jessica Coto said her office will file an appeal of Gill’s decision, with hopes of either reversing his ruling or granting prosecutors another trial weighing Quarles’ suitability for release.Coto said that the evidence presented in the evidentiary hearing “showed that the release of Mr. Quarles was premature and he still poses a danger to the community.”Meanwhile, the Department of State Hospitals has so far been unsuccessful in locating an appropriate housing option for Quarles. Coto argued to halt the housing search until the appeals court rules on whether to reverse Gill’s decision, but the judge denied that motion on Friday.Until a housing option is found or the appeals court stays Gill’s ruling, Quarles will remain at Coalinga State Hospital, where he’s been undergoing sex offender treatment since 2014.Quarles is due back in court on Dec. 6. Prosecutors to appeal decision to release Quarles to conditional programlast_img read more