UK to Move Trafalgar Submarines to Clyde View post tag: Maritime Industry news Back to overview,Home naval-today UK to Move Trafalgar Submarines to Clyde View post tag: News by topic View post tag: Submarines Defence Secretary Michael Fallon has confirmed that two Trafalgar Class submarines will move from Devonport to Clyde.Two Trafalgar Class submarines will move from Her Majesty’s Naval Base Devonport to Her Majesty’s Naval Base Clyde in another step towards HMNB Clyde becoming the Royal Navy’s submarine centre of specialisation.By 2020, HMS Talent and HMS Triumph will have moved to Scotland making HMNB Clyde home to all of the UK’s submarines.The Royal Navy’s other two T-Boats, HMS Torbay and HMS Trenchant, are to remain at their current home in Devonport until they are decommissioned in 2017 and 2019 respectively.Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said:This decision balances the Royal Navy’s operational requirements with giving more clarity to our servicemen and women to plan their family lives.HMS Torbay and HMS Trenchant crews and their families now have certainty that Devonport will be their home port until the boats decommission. We expect that local communities will welcome HMS Talent and HMS Triumph and their crews and families when they arrive in Scotland later this decade.Our commitment to Faslane becoming home to all Royal Navy submarines from 2020 will bring hundreds of jobs and investment to the West of Scotland.There is no change to the decision to make HMNB Clyde the single integrated submarine operating base and submarine centre of specialisation by 2020.However, to have HMS Torbay and HMS Trenchant remain in Devonport until they decommission represents better value for money than to move them so near to the end of their service lives.[mappress mapid=”14564″]Press Release; Image: UK MoD View post tag: Move November 28, 2014 View post tag: UK View post tag: Trafalgar View post tag: Clyde Share this article
“Under our criteria,” Broadway League executive director Charlotte St. Martin previously told The New York Times, “People need to have been very active recently in the theater, or else be synonymous with Broadway.” She added, “We love Joan…but she hasn’t acted on Broadway in 20 years. When you say Joan Rivers, you don’t think comedy, television and Broadway. You think comedy and television.” The statement fueled an outpouring of fan support, including an online petition and the Twitter hashtag #dim4joan. Broadway.com has contacted the Broadway League for comment, but a spokesperson could not be reached. Updated at 12.45PM. Broadway.com has confirmed that the New Amsterdam, Helen Hayes, Studio 54 and Stephen Sondheim theaters will now dim their marquee lights at 6:45PM on September 9 to honor the late Joan Rivers, along with the previously reported five Jujamcyn houses. The move comes after an online backlash on September 8 when the Broadway League announced that Main Stem theaters would not dim their lights for the comedy icon, Tony nominee and longtime Broadway cheerleader. View Comments The New Amsterdam Theatre, where Aladdin plays, is owned by Disney, while the Helen Hayes Theatre hosts Rock of Ages. Rivers received her Tony nod for her appearance in Sally Marr…and her escorts, which played at the Helen Hayes. Roundabout owns Studio 54 and the Stephen Sondheim, where Cabaret and Beautiful are playing respectively; its American Airlines Theatre is currently dark.
This whole exchange is just 😭 pic.twitter.com/Pe4Zg80rPq— thee rhianna (@fentysveryown) March 29, 2020MORE: Trump reportedly asked A-Rod for advice on coronavirus responseDrake tried to join the banter, saying people need to stop making fun of Durant for getting coronavirus — but neither Durant or Rihanna responded. Instead, Durant and Rihanna continued their conversation. The two-time NBA finals MVP said Rihanna’s cough sounded “Rona-ish.” The nine-time Grammy winner joked back to “Watch who you FaceTime with through these times.”Drake tried to insert himself in Rihanna and Kevin Durant’s flirting and got ignored. -plays Marvins Room- https://t.co/LZ0ap2UaVk— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) March 29, 2020Durant is one of the many people in the sports world who have been diagnosed with COVID-19. Marcus Smart, Christian Wood, Donavon Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are the other identified NBA players to be diagnosed. All four have announced a full recovery. MORE: Six things we learned from Steph Curry’s coronavirus Q&A with Dr. Anthony FauciDurant was one of four Nets players who tested positive for COVID-19, he told The Athletic on March 17. The former NBA MVP quipped back, asking if the singer had just come back from Europe, where the virus had hit hard before becoming a global pandemic.When Rihanna said she had been in the U.S. for the last two months, Durant responded with “That (coronavirus) was lurkin(g) over there in December.” NBA star Kevin Durant isn’t a stranger to back-and-forth exchanges on social media. This time, his banter included pop star Rihanna while both were in DJ Spade’s Instagram Live session on Saturday night.Rihanna poked fun at Durant for having coronavirus: “Is KD allowed in here,” she asked. “Should I wear a mask to this?” She followed up by wishing Durant a swift recovery.