9SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr NAFCU’s Congressional Caucus kicks off tomorrow in Washington, D.C., as the association prepares for a busy week that will also include testimony by Dixies Federal Credit Union President and CEO Scott Eagerton about the Dodd-Frank Act on behalf of NAFCU before a House subcommittee.Tomorrow at Caucus, former Reps. Tom Davis, R-Va., and Martin Frost, D-Texas, will deliver a keynote address to attendees on what could help solve the legislative stalemate in Washington. They will be followed by close to 30 other speakers from the Senate, House, NCUA and other federal agencies during the week’s general sessions.On Thursday, Eagerton will testify on the impact of the Dodd-Frank regulatory burden on his $41 million, South Carolina-based credit union before the House Small Business Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax and Capital Access. The hearing will mark NAFCU’s fourth time testifying before Congress this year. continue reading »
“We looked at the specific position of the players who have this kind of qualities, we identified him of having the potential to do it and I think we were right, but now he has to show that.” Wenger added: “He’s not a monster. Usually the middle-eastern people have big stamina, are agile, but lack a bit power sometimes, so he is not a powerhouse, he’s more a mobility player. That is why I think he can suit our game.” Injured duo Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla are not expected to be back in contention until the middle of March, but Danny Welbeck has recently returned to full training. Meanwhile, Wenger has confirmed he is set to sign Nigerian duo Kelechi Nwakali, 17 and Samuel Chukwueze, 16. “Talks are progressing well and it should be done this month, ” Wenger added. Arsene Wenger has vowed to send out an experienced side for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Burnley, insisting “you don’t win with kids any more”. “I will play quite an experienced team,” Wenger said as his side looked to bounce back from last weekend’s 1-0 defeat against Chelsea at the Emirates Stadium. “First of all, we lost last Sunday and it is important not to drop our confidence level too much. Secondly, we want to do well in the FA Cup and you don’t want to miss an opportunity when you play at home against a Championship team. “You don’t win with kids any more unfortunately, even against the Championship teams. “We went to Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup and got quite a severe defeat so we have to show we have learned from that.” Petr Cech will be replaced by David Ospina in goal while Francis Coquelin is also in line to make his first start since November after recovering from a knee injury. Alexis Sanchez, who came on as a second-half substitute against Chelsea following a near two-month lay-off, may also play. Egypt international Mohamed Elneny, who signed for the Gunners earlier this month, is poised to make his debut. Elneny won three consecutive Swiss championships with Basle and has played against Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United in the Champions League. “We were the only club interested,” Wenger said of the 23-year-old, who he compared to Aaron Ramsey and Mathieu Flamini. “He was basically not on the radar and not too many people spoke of him. With the Gunners bidding to seal their first Barclays Premier League title since 2004, Wenger may have been tempted to rest a number of his stars. But the Frenchman, who will become the most successful manager in the history of the FA Cup if Arsenal win the famous tournament this season, is set to field a strong starting XI for the visit of the Championship outfit. Press Association
“I want to play European football again and challenge for major honours and as such I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist.”Van Dijk, 26, has been linked with Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City.Liverpool publicly dropped their interest in signing him earlier in the close season after Southampton threatened to report them to the Premier League for an illegal approach.Van Dijk revealed he had been fined two weeks’ wages by Southampton and said he would be appealing against the punishment, which he described as “unjustified”.He said he felt “frustrated” and “disappointed” that “enquiries from multiple top clubs have been consistently rebuffed”.He also rejected accusations he had refused to train and said he had been told by new manager Mauricio Pellegrino to train away from the first team due to his unsettled mindset.“As a proud professional I am insulted by the suggestion that it was me who refused to train and so feel it is important to point out the true version of events,” he said.Van Dijk, capped 12 times by the Netherlands, said the saga had “seriously affected” his relationships with people at the club and Southampton’s fans.“I would like to make clear that I have nothing but gratitude to everyone at Southampton for giving me the opportunity to play in the Premier League,” he added.“However, the time for me to move on is now and I hope to be able to work with the club to find the best resolution to suit all parties.”Van Dijk joined Southampton from Celtic in a £13 million ($16.9 million, 14.4 million euros) move in September 2015 and has since emerged as one of the most imposing centre-backs in the Premier League.He signed a new six-year contract in May 2016.He missed the last five months of last season, including Southampton’s 3-2 loss to Manchester United in the EFL Cup final, due to an ankle injury.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Virgil Van Dijk has been left out of the Southampton training squad to France. PHOTO/FILE.LONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 7- Southampton’s in-demand defender Virgil van Dijk has submitted a transfer request, the Netherlands international announced on Monday.“I am incredibly ambitious and want to achieve as much as I possibly can to fulfil my potential in what is a very short career as a professional footballer,” Van Dijk said in a statement released to the media.