Tony Fernandes savoured QPR’s 3-1 win at Aston Villa.Rangers produced a fine performance at Villa Park, where the recalled Ryan Manning got in front of former Chelsea skipper John Terry to head the visitors in front before Jake Bidwell doubled the lead and Luke Freeman sealed the victory.Co-chairman Fernandes posted on Twitter after the win, praising the team and manager Ian Holloway.If there was one team I wanted to beat it was VILLA away. Heheheh. Well done lads.— Tony Fernandes (@tonyfernandes) March 13, 2018Well done to our manager Ian Holloway and the whole squad. Take a bow. Patience is what we asked for. Long long way to go but thanks to those who gave us the time. One result doesn’t make a season but this one is sweet.— Tony Fernandes (@tonyfernandes) March 13, 2018 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebookby Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksRecommended for youAspireAbove.comRemember Pauley Perrette? Try Not To Smile When You See Her NowAspireAbove.comUndoLifestly.com25 Celebs You Didn’t Realize Are Gay – No. 8 Will Surprise WomenLifestly.comUndoUsed Cars | Search AdsUsed Cars in Tuen Mun Might Be Cheaper Than You ThinkUsed Cars | Search AdsUndoTopCars15 Ugliest Cars Ever MadeTopCarsUndoezzin.com20 Breathtaking Places to See Before You Dieezzin.comUndoFood World Magazine15 Fruits that Burn Fat Like CrazyFood World MagazineUndoDrhealth35 Foods That Should Never Be Placed in the RefrigeratorDrhealthUndoHappyTricks.comHer House Always Smells Amazing – Try her Unique Trick!HappyTricks.comUndo
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceCHARLOTTE, N.C. – Even as he fights through layers of rust and imposing offenses, DeMarcus Cousins has proven one thing. He still remains one of the NBA’s best centers.In the Warriors’ 121-110 victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Monday, Cousins had season-highs in points (24) and playing time (31 minutes) while shooting 9-of-15 from the field. It marked a breakthrough after Cousins both had sluggish performances …
Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken LATEST STORIES Teng said that he’s hopeful to get an affirmative response from Reyes if he can join the training on Tuesday.“I have no idea how they are working now, but maybe, now that I’ve reached out, I’ll drop by. I didn’t know that you only have to reach out and tell your intention to join the team, so I hope I get the call. Everyone wants to play for the national team,” he said. What ‘missteps’? Jeron Teng. CONTRIBUTED PHOTO/ Joaqui FloresFresh from his stint with Chooks-Pilipinas 3×3 in the 2017 Fiba 3×3 World Cup, Jeron Teng has signified his intention to be a part of the Gilas Pilipinas pool.“Even in France, I was telling Kief (Ravena) and Kobe (Paras) that I also want to be a part of the training,” he said Saturday in the Chooks-Pilipinas 3×3 homecoming press conference.ADVERTISEMENT WATCH: Firefighters rescue baby seal found in parking garage Teng shared that he already reached out to national team coach Chot Reyes on Saturday after the 3×3 squad arrived from Nantes, France.“I already reached out to coach Chot if I can practice and try out. There’s no player who doesn’t want to represent the country. There’s no greater glory than being a part of the team representing the country,” he said.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutTeammate Kiefer Ravena and Kobe Paras were earlier called up to join the Gilas pool, together with new additions Raymar Jose and Fil-German forward Christian Standhardinger and veterans Kevin Alas and Baser Amer.Reyes has also included Bobby Ray Parks to the pool last week as the national team resumed its trainings at Meralco Gym on Tuesday. World’s 50 Best Restaurants launches new drinking and dining guide Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ MOST READ 1 dead in Cavite blast, fire Red Sox retire No.34 for Ortiz: ‘This is his (pause) city’ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman Shashank Manohar on Thursday said, people, these days don’t have five day’s time to watch Test cricket and conceded that the longest format of the game is dying.Shashank Manohar, on the second day of his invitational visit to Bangladesh, said the ICC Test Championship, starting after the 2019 Cricket World Cup, is one of the last-ditch efforts to revive Test cricket.Manohar’s comments come even as the ongoing season has produced some fine Test cricket. While Asian giants India registered their first-ever Test series win in Australia, the West Indies are showing signs of revival after thrashing England in the first two Tests of an ongoing three-match series at home.Despite the quality of Test cricket seeing an upward trend, footfall (or the lack of it) at even some of the most popular venues across the globe has been a huge cause for concern. It is safe to say global cricketing powerhouse, India is struggling to bring audiences to the stadiums for Test cricket.At the same time, a large sum of the world’s richest cricket body, Board of Control for Cricket in India’s revenue is generated from Indian Premier League, the glitzy and glamours franchise-based Twenty20 tournament.T20 has the maximum TRP: ICC chairman”We are trying to see whether Test championship can generate interest. Because Test cricket is actually dying to be honest. So to improve the situation, we are trying ways and means. The [ICC] board directors came to a conclusion that if we start a Test championship, it would keep Test cricket alive and generate more interest in the game,” Manohar said.advertisementTalking up the T20 format, the ICC chairman added: “If you look at the TRPs of the broadcasters, T20 has the maximum TRP. It is because of being the shorter version of the game. Nowadays, people don’t have five days time to watch a Test match.”From 10 to 5 everybody has their own job to do so it is very difficult for them to watch this game. T20s get over in three-and-a-half hours, like watching a movie. Therefore, it is picking up very fast.”The ICC approved its first-ever Test championship for a two-year period between 2019 and 2021. Top nine teams will play six series each during the said duration in a home and away format. The two teams finishing at the top two spots of the Test championship table will then play the final.The Test championship is one of ICC’s latest moves to bring context to Test cricket. While the introduction of day-night cricket saw an increase in attendance, India’s reluctance to adopt the pink-ball cricket is not helping the sport.ICC chairman on cricket’s inclusion to OlympicsMeanwhile, Shashank Manohar also spoke about the practical difficulties of getting the International Olympic Committee to include cricket in the Olympic Games.”We are trying to take it to Olympics but there are certain hurdles. The bigger issue is the Olympics is held over 15 days. How do you finish a world event of cricket in fifteen days?” Manohar added.”For that, you need cricket stadiums also. Olympics are not held only in cricket-playing countries.”Also Read | 20 years on: A look back at Anil Kumble’s historic 10-wicket haul vs PakistanAlso Read | Won’t be disappointed even if India lose New Zealand T20s, focus is on World Cup: GavaskarAlso Read | Vidarbha beat Saurashtra by 78 runs to defend Ranji Trophy titleAlso See:
The International Cricket Council has turned down BCCI’s request to reconsider the world governing body’s objection to MS Dhoni’s gloves. Dhoni had sported an army crest on his wicketkeeping gloves during India’s World Cup 2019 opener against South Africa.Soon after the ICC issued a statement, fans in India were left fuming. The ICC requested BCCI to ask Dhoni to remove the army crest from his gloves.The Indian cricket board wrote to the ICC seeking permission to let Dhoni wear those gloves in India’s next match against Australia at The Oval. However, that request has been turned down by the ICC.Official ICC statement on the Dhoni gloves issue put out a brief while back pic.twitter.com/ckDJA3hUEnCricketwallah (@cricketwallah) June 7, 2019The ICC responded to BCCI’s letter explaining Dhoni’s act was a breach of clause G1 (personal messages) as well as the logos allowed on WK gloves and as such should not be worn.Also Read | Indian Army won’t intervene in MS Dhoni gloves controversyAlso Read | BCCI unlikely to contest ICC decision on MS Dhoni glovesAlso See
TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Mkhitaryan faces exit if Arsenal complete move for Denis Suarezby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal’s move for Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez could force Henrikh Mkhitaryan to leave the Emirates.The Armenian international, who is currently sidelined with a foot injury, has failed to impress since joining from Manchester United last January. And The Sun claims the Gunners are ready to sell Mkhitaryan in order to make room for Suarez.The 25-year-old is believed to be on the verge of joining the north London club, having previously worked with manager Unai Emery at Sevilla.Suarez, who started his career at Manchester City, has played 17 minutes of league football this season.
PISCATAWAY, NJ – OCTOBER 24: Braxton Miller #1 of the Ohio State Buckeyes during warmups before a game against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights at High Point Solutions Stadium on October 24, 2015 in Piscataway, New Jersey. (Photo by Rich Schultz /Getty Images) Twitter/@StephDEpifanioSports Illustrated dropped a late news bomb on the college football world earlier, with the news that Braxton Miller will be moving to wide recevier/h-back for the coming season. The move has been met with praise from Buckeye fans, and members of the team. One key member of the program isn’t ready to fully commit to the move, however: head coach Urban Meyer. The three-time national champion told The Columbus Dispatch that reports of the official position change are a bit premature.“I haven’t made those decisions yet,” Meyer told The Dispatch. “It’s a little bit jumping the gun here. Braxton came to see me. He’s been talking to me about it (the switch). We’ve been working at it, but I’m not ready to say exactly how we’re going to use him yet.”Considering Pete Thamel’s SI report was based on a conversation with Miller, we have to imagine the move is, in fact, happening. Meyer is probably not thrilled that it was announced in July, giving Virginia Tech and others more than a month to prep for a J.T. Barrett or Cardale Jones-led offense, as well as figure out how to defend Miller as a skill guy. Otherwise, this would be a pretty crazy redirection by members of the Buckeye program.[Columbus Dispatch]
The first Russian digital-terrestrial multiplex now reaches over four in five of the country’s population, according to deputy minister of communications and mass media Alexey Volin.Volin said that the DTT platform grew its audience by 4.9% last uyear and that three in five Russians can now receive HD services.Volin said that the first multiplex could now be received by 82.8% of the Russian population and that three in five Russians could receive HD services.The Russian government last week approved a new bill on the distribution of TV channels, introducing must-carry rules and placing channels in categories depending on their availability.
Viacom has acquired VidCon, a conference focused on YouTube content creators and their fans, in a move designed to boost its live event and digital businesses.The channel group, which owns youth brands MTV and Nickelodeon, said that VidCon will remain a stand-alone entity, retain its senior leadership team, but will be able to “expand its global reach”.Viacom said the deal will accelerate its participation and investment in next-generation platforms, following its establishment of Viacom Digital Studios in November and its acquisition of influence marketing firm WHOSAY last month.The agreement also plays into Viacom CEO Bob Bakish’s long-term strategy to “considerably increase” the number, reach and impact of live events in the company’s portfolio.“VidCon has become the foremost gathering place for the passionate online video community, and the access to talent, experts and education that VidCon provides for attendees is unparalleled,” said Jason Jordan, Viacom executive vice president of multiplatform strategy and operations.VidCon CEO Jim Louderback and co-founder Hank Green will continue to lead the event from its offices in Missoula, Montana. Viacom said it will “simply provide more resources and a bigger microphone” to allow VidCon to continue nurturing the online video community.“We’re huge fans of the VidCon team, and we share the same enthusiasm for the power of connecting talented creators with their incredible fan communities,” said Kelly Day, president of Viacom Digital Studios.“This team has built an unprecedented live experience that brings together the global online video community in celebration of the people and platforms shaping the future of content, and we’re excited to join forces as we look to expand our slate of original digital programming and partnerships.”VidCon’s Louderback said: Viacom’s expansive reach across all of our key constituents will give us the opportunity to expand our global footprint more rapidly.“We’re also looking forward to their expertise in pioneering and executing live fan-first events – from the Video Music Awards and BET Experience to Comedy Central’s ClusterFest – as we continue to make VidCon a life-changing experience for those that create and love online video.”Last year, Viacom launched Comedy Central’s first comedy and pop culture event ClusterFest, while Paramount Network’s Bellator MMA (mixed martial arts event) visited New York’s Madison Square Garden for the first time.The first VidCon event took place in Los Angeles in 2010 and the online video conference now takes place three times a year in Anaheim California, Amsterdam and Melbourne.Louderback was appointed VidCon CEO last year. He was previously CEO of Revision3, a multichannel network that was acquired by Discovery in 2012.
Ignoring the label- There are a variety of sunscreens on the market. To effectively protect yourself from the sun, the AAD recommends looking for sunscreens that are broad-spectrum, water-resistant and have an SPF of 30 or higher. Using too little- Most people only apply 25-50% of the recommended amount of sunscreen. However, to fully cover their body, most adults need about one ounce of sunscreen – or enough to fill a shot glass. Apply enough sunscreen to cover all skin that isn’t covered by clothing. Apply the sunscreen 15 minutes before going outdoors, and reapply every two hours while outdoors or after swimming or sweating. Applying only in sunny weather- Alarmingly, the AAD found that only about 20% of Americans use sunscreen on cloudy days. However, the sun emits harmful UV rays all year long. Even on cloudy days, up to 80% of UV rays can penetrate your skin. To protect your skin and reduce your risk of skin cancer, apply sunscreen every time you are outside, even on cloudy days. Using an old bottle-The FDA requires that all sunscreens retain their original strength for at least three years. Throw out your sunscreen if it’s expired or you’re unsure how long you’ve had it. In the future, if you buy a sunscreen that lacks an expiration date, write the purchase date directly on the bottle so that you know when to toss it out. Relying solely on sunscreen- Since no sunscreen can block 100% of the sun’s UV rays, it’s also important to seek shade and wear protective clothing, including a lightweight, long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses with UV protection. Related StoriesTrends in colonoscopy rates not aligned with increase in early onset colorectal cancerStudy reveals link between inflammatory diet and colorectal cancer riskNew study to ease plight of patients with advanced cancerThese tips are demonstrated in “How to Avoid Common Sunscreen Mistakes,” a video posted to the AAD website and YouTube channel. This video is part of the AAD’s “Video of the Month” series, which offers tips people can use to properly care for their skin, hair and nails.It’s estimated that approximately 9,500 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with skin cancer every day, and nearly 20 Americans die from melanoma every day. To help change this behavior and reduce the risk of skin cancer, the AAD’s 2019 SPOT Skin Cancer™ campaign is asking Americans “Do you use protection?” and encouraging the public to “practice safe sun” -; no matter your age, gender or race. To learn more about skin cancer prevention and detection and to find a free skin cancer screening near you, visit DoYouUseProtection.org.Additionally, the public can help raise awareness of skin cancer by using the hashtag #PracticeSafeSun when sharing AAD resources, photos of how they “use protection” outdoors, or encouraging friends and family to take advantage of the AAD’s free skin cancer screenings. Individuals who have been affected by skin cancer can also share their personal stories on SpotSkinCancer.org to provide support and inspiration for others fighting skin cancer and communicate the importance of skin cancer prevention and early detection. Reviewed by Kate Anderton, B.Sc. (Editor)May 14 2019Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States, affecting one in five Americans in their lifetime. Yet according to dermatologists from the American Academy of Dermatology, most cases of skin cancer can be prevented by protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.The best way to do this, they say, is by seeking shade, wearing protective clothing and applying a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. However, in a recent survey, the AAD found that not everyone is applying their sunscreen correctly -; leaving people vulnerable to dangerous ultraviolet radiation from the sun. Sunscreen is the most important skin care product you can use, as it helps prevent sunburn, skin cancer and premature skin aging, including wrinkles and age spots. However, to ensure the best protection for you and your family, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s directions before using.”Tanya Kormeili, MD, FAAD To help the public protect their skin and reduce their risk of skin cancer, Dr. Kormeili shares five common sunscreen mistakes and how to avoid them: Source:American Academy of Dermatology Sunscreen is a vital tool in the fight against skin cancer, including melanoma, the deadliest form. However, in a recent survey, the AAD found that only about a third of Americans are reapplying their sunscreen every two hours while outside. Since sunscreen wears off, incorrect usage leaves you unprotected and susceptible to skin cancer.”Tanya Kormeili, MD, FAAD, board-certified dermatologist